This is an injection-plastic kit of a science-fiction/anime item.
Behold the beauty that takes place when a hard-core Star Wars fan who happens to also be a great plastic model engineer gets unrestricted access to all of Lucas' materials on the X-Wing!
Fine Molds' new 1/72 X-Wing completely rewrites the standard for science-fiction kits. Besides looking awesome (the photos below are the actual kit, not a prototype!), the kit has the following features:
- Wings open and close after completion
- Landing gear can be removed and replaced after completion
- Canopy can be completed open or closed
- Parts included for Red 1, Red 2, Red 3, or Red 5 (Red leader, Wedge, Biggs and Luke, respectively -- the engines differ slightly!)
- Fuselage and wings can be mated after all painting is completed!
- Includes standing and seated pilot and droid figures, plus multiple droid heads for the fuselage - with proper painting instructions
- Decals included for the canopy frame, both weathered and clean red wing and fuselage markings, and the droids
- Includes display stand and boarding ladder parts, too
We have prepared English assembly instructions for this kit. Click the links to each page below. Once each page has displayed fully, print it, or save it to your hard disk for future reference.
Finishing notes: The instructions refer to "fuselage color" for the base color of the kit. This kit is molded in a gray plastic intended to duplicate the correct "fuselage color" for the X-Wing. You can create a great-looking model without painting this "fuselage color" at all, but if you'd prefer to paint it nevertheless, just mimic the color of the plastic it's molded in. Also, we have not translated the decal marking sheet as it's not really necessary. Just be aware that the four marking examples shown refer to Red Leader, Red 2, Red 3 and Red 5, in that order.