This is an injection-plastic motorcycle kit.
An all-new big-scale bike from Tamiya!
First, a word about the real Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo, from Harley-Davidson themselves:
Fat Custom Style
Recalling the "hardtail" choppers of the 60s and 70s, the Fat Boy Lo model keeps that heritage alive more than forty years later. It shows a darker side of the original "fat custom" bike—laid-back and blacked-out with an unmistakable profile on the road. But the nostalgic style isn't just about the confident stance, paint and old-school detail. It's how you look riding it. It's how it feels. It's the classic, relaxed riding position that speaks volumes. You're not just cruising. You're in charge—kicked back on a throne of machined metal surveying your domain.
And now a word about the kit, from HLJ:
The first all-new big-scale bike kit from Tamiya in 17 years! That's right; this is an all-new tooling. Thanks to their usual excellent research, Tamiya nails all the details, from the big V-Twin engine to the classic Fat Boy form.
More info from the Tamiya website:
- 1/6 scale plastic model assembly kit of the Harley-Davidson FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo. Length: 400mm, Width: 168mm.
- Front fork is recreated combining 1-piece molded resin outer tube with metal parts, and offers authentic movement.
- 3 types of light parts are provided: clear, clear red and clear orange.
- Metal-plated handlebar and mirror stalk parts can be repositioned after assembly.
- V-Twin engine features precise recreation of cooling fins, which are stacked one upon the other for an exquisite finish. They are then attached by stud bolts to the crank case, along with the cylinders and cylinder heads.
- Fully movable rear suspension features 2 shocks with built-in springs.
- Drive belt is manufactured from genuine belt material.
- Realistic front and rear semi-pneumatic tires
- Includes recreations of brake, accelerator, ignition cables, fuel pipes and more.