This is an injection-plastic aircraft model kit.
An all-new tooling of the Bf109E from Airfix. Features recessed panel lines, pilot figure, a decently-detailed cockpit for the scale (with optional bomb release panel), engine detail that can be exposed be leaving the upper cowling off, separate control surfaces including slats, and a boatload of options:
- wing armament panels and bulges for E-1 or E-3 (and later) variants
- parts for extended and retracted landing gear
- drop tank and rack
- centerline bomb (two types) on single rack or quad rack with four 50kg bombs
- three types of spinners to cover aircraft with and without the engine-mounted cannon
- multi-piece canopies for both E-1/3 and E-4/7 variants that can be assembled open or closed
- separate pilot's head armor
- special windscreen with Adolf Galland's spotting-scope mount
- standard and sand-filter-equipped supercharger intakes
Wow! Airfix have really gone all-out with the possibilities possible from this one kit. Decals are given for Adolf Galland's E-4/N of Stab/JG26, E-3 "white 4" of 4/JG51 "Molders", the first Luftwaffe aircraft shot down over the UK and "white 7" of II(Schlacht)/LG2.