This is an injection-plastic aircraft model kit.
From the manufacturer:
The Albatros B.II is perhaps unique amongst aircraft of the First World War in that production commenced in 1913 and continued throughout the war and after the Armistice. Like other B type aircraft the pilot was positioned in the rear cockpit with a steering wheel control column while his passenger sat in the front. The Albatros B.II went through numerous minor and major changes during its relatively long lifespan and manufacture by 7 different companies but managed to emeryge 6 years later appearing essentially the same. The B.II featured a box section plywood covered fuselage, unequal span wings of fabric over wood, and a triangular taiplane of fabric over welded steel tubes. Early production Albatros B.II had Haznet radiators fixed to each side of the fuselage, steel tube struts and were powered by 100hp to 120hp engines from Daimler-Mercedes (as featured in this kitset), Benz and Argus. Unarmed B type aircraft like the Albatros B.II were initially utilized for reconnaissance but shortly after hostilities began airmen started carrying personal firearms and eventually many were fitted with bomb racks and captured machine guns on improvised mountings. With the advent of purpose-built armed and more powerful C type aircraft from mid 1915, the unarmed and underpowered B type aircraft were slowly relegated to training duties.
Model features include:
- Measures 40cm x 24cm when complete.
- Two high quality Cartograf decal sheets including photo realistic 1/32 scale plywood fuselage panels and markings for 5 aircraft
- 156 high quality injection moulded plastic parts including early production side mounted Hazet radiators and steering wheel control column
- Optional propellers, exhaust manifolds and covered or uncovered wire wheels
- Flugzeugpistole Luger Automatik armament and 12.5kg PuW or 20kg Carbonit bombs
- Highly detailed Daimler-Mercedes 100hp D.1 or 120hp D.II engine
- 13 photo-etched metal detail parts including uncovered wire spoke wheels
- Fine in scale rib tape detail – Full rigging diagrams.