This is an injection plastic and metal radio or remote-controlled military vehicle model kit.
Tamiya has done it again!
...Released another amazingly cool, monstrously huge, and incredibly fun 1/16 RC tank, that is! The latest in their growing stable of massive R/C armor kits is a stunning rendition of the WWII German Panther G medium tank, a tank that is usually included in any discussion of the best tanks of WWII. The Panther's speed, mobility, firepower, and protection made it one of the most formidable AFVs of the war...and one of the most wanted and anticipated 1/16 armor kits ever. Finally, it has arrived!
Like its predecessors in this series, Tamiya's Panther is loaded with great features. Here's a rundown:
* Full motion control is provided by a DMD T-03 unit -- forward, reverse, normal turns, pivot turns, turret traverse, and barrel elevation and depression.
* MF-01 sound system recreates all of the authentic sounds for the above actions, plus engine start-up sound, running, and shutdown. As with their Tiger I and Tiger II kits, Tamiya digitally recorded a real working Maybach engine in France!
* Firing of the main gun is accompanied by a strobe flash, blast sound, and barrel recoil/hull kickback for the ultimate in realism. Bow machine gun also flashes when firing (also accompanied by sound).
* Duralumin lower hull, die-cast metal drive sprockets, idler wheels, suspension arms, rubber-rimmed road wheels (lots of 'em!), turned aluminum 7.5cm main gun barrel, and much more.
* Comes with everything you need to make it run, including a 4-channel radio and receiver (check local regulations for frequency restrictions), 7.2V batteries and charger (eight R9/AA/UM3 [1.5V] batteries for radio unit are not included), and all the inner mechanisms required to accomplish the features listed above. All the modeler has to do is build it, paint it, and enjoy running it!
Of course the quality, detail, and accuracy is of typical Tamiya standards: excellent! The plastic parts are flawlessly molded for realism and ease of build. The resin link tracks come pre-assembled, requiring only the final pin be inserted to complete each run around the suspension. Decals are provided for three vehicles. 57.2cm long (22.5 inches) when complete. No figure is included this time. Includes a 180-day warranty (valid in Japan only). Can be used with Tamiya's optional R/C Tank Battle System (not included).
The bottom line is that this amazing kit is the ultimate in scale armor simulation!