This is an aircraft model kit assembled from parts made of wood, white metal, photo-etched metal and possibly other materials.
From the item's packaging:
Glory may have reigned supreme for the Fokker DR.1 Triplane during World War I, but the Albatros D.Va was the true unknown and unsung victor for Germany during the first air war. The Albatros D.Va - not the Fokker - was the fighter in which Baron Manfred von Richthofen scored 59 of his 80 victories. Because of the incredible endurance and amazing performance of the Alabros D.Va during combat, Model Airways has chosen this "forgotten fighter" to be the first in a series of very unique and special World War I airplane models.
- 184 laser cut basswood & birch plywood parts.
- Over 100 parts for building the 180 HP six cylinder Mercedes Benz motor, topped off with two 30 caliber machine guns.
- Over 200 copper, aluminum, steel, rubber and Britannia metal parts used as turnbuckles for guy wires, suppression bars, pulleys, wire support brackets, ailerons, stabilizers, struts, flight instruments, wheels, tires and more.
- 48 page step-by-step photo illustrated instruction book.
- 4 plan sheets (actual size) with supplementary illustrations of all laser cut parts.