This item is a racing car model kit assembled from parts made of resin, white metal, photo-etched metal and possibly other materials.
From the Model Factory Hiro website:
This is an all-new new kit containing white metal, resin, photo-etched metal, and other metal parts, and for the first time now with plastic injection parts, forming a new “Hybrid Injection Kit”!
Ferrari 312T4 data:
In 1978, to compete with the Lotus 79 with the advantage of the aerodynamics, the chief engineer of Ferrari thought that the team should have a new formula car with a ground-effect design.
However, in 1979, the ground effects of Ferrari were not working very well with the vertical V12 engine. At that time, Mauro Forghieri introduced the 312T4, with V12 engine installed, as the first good ground-effect design from Ferrari.
The 312T4 debuted at the South African GP. Gilles Villeneuve won the GP and Jody Scheckter followed him with a 2nd position finish. This was the first time that a new car achieved a 1-2 finish since Fangio/Kling drove the Mercedes W196 in 1954. The two drivers won 3 championships each with the 312T4, for a total of 6 championships, and the Ferrari Team won the constructor championship while Jody Scheckter won the Driver's Championship.
21 years later, in 2000, the Ferrari Team won both constructor and driver championships again with Michael Schumacher. The 312T4 1979 is one of the most important cars in Ferrari history.
- This kit will have parts for the Belgian GP (Scheckter championship), and also parts for the Spanish, German, and Austrian GPs.
- The body cowl and other outer parts will be made of injection-molded plastic; the main parts inside will be made of white metal.
- Monocoque parts are made of die-cast aluminium. Just brush it and you have the feel of real metal!
- Funnels, exhaust ends, and the wheels are made of aluminium alloy. The wheel rim and safety bolts are made of white metal, to be attached to the wheel, increasing the reality of the kit.
- The metal mesh for the funnels, the muffler spring, cords, pipes, seat belts, etc. will be included in the kit.
- The body cowl and the side pontoon are all removable, so the internal parts such as the Ferrari V12 engine can be seen. The body cowl is attached to the chassis by magnets so it can be removed easily.
- The side skirts, which are key parts for the ground-effect car, are removable by using photo-etched parts.
- The windshield is vacuformed plastic and will be a transparent blue color.
*The pictures are of a test shot; the design and parts are subject to be changed without notice.
*Driver figures are not included in the kit.